comedian Klint Da Drunk - "My colleagues want to run me down"


Popular comedian, Klint da Drunk, speaks on the controversies currently surrounding his career, writes Jayne Augoye
Two things appear to be currently happening to the career of ace Nigerian comedian, Afamefuna Igwemba,  popularly known as Klint da Drunk.
 At a time when many comedians are flaunting jet-set lifestyles and living large, the funny man whose unique style of comedy earned him the affection of many Nigerians appears somewhat quiet. Little wonder, some of his fans felt if he had silently left the scene.
Secondly, a recent scandal involving the comedian and an Abuja-based church that had contracted him to perform in one of its programmes became an issue after he was accused of failing to show up.
In the face of it all, Klint remains calm and unfazed. He however says, “Everything that was written about the incident is false and yes there was a show that was held that I didn’t show up at all.”

punch
The entertainer, who earned acclaim after performing at the 2000 edition of Opa William’s Nite of a Thousand Laffs   in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, admits he was invited to perform at a church programme by one-time Nollywood actor-turned pastor, Larry Koldsweat. He says it was scheduled to take place on March 23, 2014.
“Upon confirmation that the event was to take place on April 23, I put it down in my calendar. My initial arrangement was to arrive in Abuja a day before if I had no prior engagement. But I was later called upon by another actor,  Diewait Ikpechukwu, for a golfers event holding in Owerri, Imo State, on March 22.
“I booked my flight to Owerri for March 22, Owerri to Abuja on the morning of March 23 and then Abuja back to Lagos on the 24. But the organisers texted me to come down to Abuja on the 22nd  promising to pay for my flight and other exigencies. I told them I would try my best,” he explains.
Although he was unable to meet up with the event in Abuja on the newly proposed date, Klint says,  he has since reached a resolution with the organisers.
“Contrary to reports making the rounds that I was paid N250, 000, I was paid N200,000,  and it was an upfront fee . All comedians can attest that churches don’t pay that much but we do it for God,  not church. I kept quiet because it is not moral to fight a church.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea FC Boss Roman Abramovich and Girlfriend Dasha Zhukova buy's off restaurant table to lunch date.

Pictures from the Golden Globes 2014 Red Carpet worst Dress

PICTURES FROM MISS BUM BUM CONTEST 2013 ...