MUST READ: COSON Releases Statement Over Kefee’s Death

Kefee-June-2014-loggtv
‘The Board, members and management of Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) have received with shock the news of the passing on of front line member and multi-award winning gospel singer, Kefee who reportedly passed on in the United States of America.
Kefee, fondly referred to as Branama Queen came into limelight with her hit track ‘Branama’ in 2003 and has since remained one of Nigeria’s most sought after female music acts.


She went on to churn out other hit tracks like ‘Kokoroko’, ‘Sapele water’, amongst others. Reacting to the sad development, the Chairman of COSON, Chief Tony Okoroji said, ‘Kefee was such a great gift to our music industry. Her incredible talent, soaring voice and never-say–die spirit in a very difficult industry made her truly outstanding. Her song, ‘Kokoroko’ remains one of my favourite Nigerian recordings of the recent era. Kefee and I had a unique relationship.
‘In difficult moments, she always sought my counsel. When she wanted to start her musical training in Los Angeles, she asked for my written recommendation, which I was so glad to do. I was informed that just before her last trip to America, she stopped by at the office, as she routinely did, to share some time with us and update her COSON records. Unfortunately, I, was not there and it is very sad that I will not see Kefee again. I however take solace in the fact that she lived a fruitful life and as a true artiste, remains alive in her beautiful songs. My condolences to her family and the many fans of the Branama Queen. Adieu Kefee, the sweet singer’.
Also speaking, the General Manager of COSON, Chinedu Chukwuji said, ‘I am yet to get over the shock I received with the news of Kefee’s passing on. I find it hard to believe how someone so young and vibrant can be here one day and is gone the next.
She came around to the office only a few weeks ago, chatting and smiling and to hear this news now is so devastating. Kefee may have gone to be with the Lord but her music keeps her alive in our hearts. She will be greatly missed’.
COSON condoles with her family members, friends and fans on this sad development and while the past cannot be undone, she will continue to be alive in our memories.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea FC Boss Roman Abramovich and Girlfriend Dasha Zhukova buy's off restaurant table to lunch date.

Pictures from the Golden Globes 2014 Red Carpet worst Dress

Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom reunite to watch Kanye West gig with the rest of the clan